FASD: Let’s Talk About It
This DVD contains 12 short videos with Myles Himmelreich. These videos may be used for viewing or in presentations. Topics include:
- What is FASD?
- FASD: A message for future parents
- Diagnosis: The start to a better understanding of FASD
- FASD: Doctors play an important role
- FASD: Prevention awareness, support, and understanding
- FASD: Let's move from shame to blame, to support and care
- FASD: Living with a brain and body disability
- FASD: No on/off switch
- FASD: Living with sensory issues and challenges
- FASD: Let’s support mothers and children
- FASD: I struggle but I also succeed
- FASD: Physical challenges
Enhancing Patient Care: Clinical Approaches to Addressing Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
Guide and Manual, 2007
This 40-page manual provides health care professionals with information on assessing the level of risk from alcohol use with women of childbearing age. This manual also provides information about women and alcohol use, use of the T-ACE screening tool, and brief motivational interviewing techniques. Included in the manual is a list of treatment and referral services based in Saskatchewan, along with links to national resources and organizations. Audience: health care professionals.
You can also download each section of the manual:
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fact Sheet, 2015
This fact sheet describes Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, how it occurs, general characteristics of someone with FASD, factors that influence the impact of alcohol, and prevention recommendations.
FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.