Snap It, Send It, and Win!
Saskatchewan Families Photo Contest Details and Rules
- You must live in Saskatchewan to enter.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Photos must be of families who live in Saskatchewan (a child between 0 and 24 years of age or a pregnant woman must be included in the photo).
- Photos must meet the criteria for entering the contest (see below for the photo criteria).
- A photo release form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The photo release form must include a description of each photo and the names of all people in each photo.
- There is no limit to the number of photos a person can submit.
- All photos that are submitted may be used in resources for education and health promotion by the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute.
- All appropriate photos must be received by the contest deadline (August 30, 2019 at midnight).
- Photos will be entered into an online voting process to pick a winner for these prizes:
- One (1) GRAND PRIZE of a canvas copy of your photo and five (5) copies of the printed 2020 calendar. The winner will also have his/her photo featured on the cover of the calendar.
- Eleven (11) SECOND PRIZE winners will receive five (5) copies of the printed 2020 calendar and a desk-sized photo clock.
- Winning photographs will be used by the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute to make a 2020 desk calendar which will be distributed throughout Saskatchewan. Credit will be provided to photographers in the calendar if the information is provided.
- Contest is not open to employees of the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute.
PHOTO CRITERIA TO ENTER CONTEST
- Your photo may be up to 5 MB in size. Please send photos at the highest resolution possible (1–5 MB or 300 dpi) to make sure the quality of the photo is the appropriate for printing.
- There should be no wording of any kind on the photo. This includes watermarks, dates, etc.
- Photos must be in colour.
- The file type must be jpg, jpeg, png, tif, or tiff.
- All photos must be submitted in digital format.
- Photos should be landscape, not portrait, in order to fit properly on the calendar. See example below:
The Saskatchewan Prevention Institute reserves the non-exclusive rights to use any of the images submitted for any future internal or external communications, advertising, branding, or commercial applications related to the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute’s business at its will.
Any photo of people must come with a photo waiver (release form) signed by the individual(s) or the legal guardian of the person or persons who are in the photo.
The photographer must state that:
- the photograph(s) submitted are original works (taken by the photographer).
- the photographer has the right to authorize (allow) the use and publication of the photograph(s).
- When a photo is submitted, two Saskatchewan Prevention Institute staff will review the photo to make sure it can be used for the calendar (e.g., photos show use of proper safety equipment, photo resolution meets requirements).
- All photos that are accepted will be uploaded for online voting. Voting will open September 3, 2019 and end on September 20, 2019 at 12:00 midnight (CST). Each individual may vote a maximum of once per day, per photo, during the online voting period.
- Three (3) photos from each category (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall) will be used in the 2020 calendar. The 3 photos in each category with the highest number of votes will determine the winner.
- The photo with the overall highest number of votes will be the grand prize winner.
- Winners will be contacted by the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute.
The Saskatchewan Prevention Institute is not responsible for lost, late, unfinished, or misdirected (sent to the wrong place) entries, or other mistakes of any kind. The Saskatchewan Prevention Institute is not responsible for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Photo Contest, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Photo Contest, the processing or judging of entries, or the announcement of the prizes.
The 2020 Photo Contest starts on June 10, 2019 and closes at 12:00 midnight on August 30, 2019. Entries received after this time will not qualify for prizes. Winning entries, along with the winners’ names, will be posted on the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute’s website and social media after the voting process is ended and as soon as all winners have been confirmed (accepted or approved).
Potential winners will be contacted by email and/or phone. Potential winners must meet all eligibility requirements (all the rules), including the execution (signing) and return of any necessary releases and affidavits (written sworn statements), in order to be confirmed (chosen) as a winner. In the event that a potential winner does not respond to (answer) the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute’s initial notification (contact) and meet all eligibility requirements (all the rules) within seventy-two (72) hours, or if prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute reserves the right to disqualify such potential winner and select an alternate (different) potential winner (in which case the initial potential winner will forfeit [give up] his or her prize).
Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Winners may not substitute (replace), assign (choose), or transfer (give to someone else) any prize or redeem (trade in) any prize for cash, but the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute reserves the right to substitute (change) a prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between approximate retail (close to) value and actual value of any prize will not be awarded.
If there are not enough submissions or the submissions do not meet the criteria, the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute reserves the right to use photos from an authorized stock photo company.
If you have technical issues or have any questions about the contest or rules, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.