Learning about FASD – Modules
Guide and Manual, Revised 2020
The Learning about FASD Modules were developed for use by post-secondary instructors, professors, and anyone wishing to learn more about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. Each module has been updated to reflect the most current research. Here you will find modules (with references) as they are brought up-to-date.
The modules can be used in professional programs where students, upon graduation, may work with women of childbearing age. The programs may include health care, education, justice, addictions, psychology, social work, and other community service programs.
Click the Download File button below to get all the modules or click just the modules that you want from the following links:
- Module 2: Overview of FASD
- Module 3: Fetal Development
- Module 4: Brain Anatomy, Development, and Function
- Module 5: Role and Impact of Alcohol
- Module 6: Prevention of FASD
- Module 7: Referral and Diagnosis of FASD
- Module 8: Young Children with FASD
- Module 9: Adverse Impacts
- Module 10: Trauma Informed Care