A Normal Life
This video looks at the challenges of living with FASD through the eyes of three adults with FASD. Their parents share their insights and strategies. The video presents success stories of early intervention and diagnosis in reducing secondary disabilities commonly experienced by individuals with FASD.
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.SKU: 3-127
This Is Why I Supported Her Not to Drink
This poster is aimed at fathers and fathers-to-be, suggesting they support their partners to avoid alcohol during pregnancy in order to prevent Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.SKU: 3-060
These 8.5 x 11 inch posters, developed by Childbirth Graphics, assist healthcare professionals in discussing alcohol use with their patients. Although these posters do not focus on FASD, they can be used to help patients understand that alcohol is one of many factors which can impact the development of the fetus.Audience: Healthcare Professionals and their PatientsSKU: 3-143