A Normal Life
This video looks at the challenges of living with FASD through the eyes of three adults with FASD. Their parents share their insights and strategies. The video presents success stories of early intervention and diagnosis in reducing secondary disabilities commonly experienced by individuals with FASD.
Parenting with FASD: Challenges, Strategies, and Supports
Featuring four adults living and parenting with FASD, this video focuses on some of the parenting-related experiences and challenges faced by people with FASD. Highlighted as well are strategies, suggestions, and resources found to promote positive parenting. A resource booklet is included.SKU: 3-V-311
Alcohol and the Brain
This video summarizes research that shows how alcohol affects parts of the brain, both immediately and long term. It also discusses theories on how alcohol causes addiction and some of the complications for treatment.SKU: 3-V-352
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
Pregnancy and Alcohol: A Doctor’s Advice
This brochure includes a brief summary of medical research about the impact of alcohol on a developing fetus. It also provides information and advice that a doctor could give to women about how alcohol affects a developing baby, and steps a woman can take to protect her unborn baby from exposure to alcohol. Included in the brochure are some ideas about supports to help women quit drinking.SKU: 3-151