Enhancing Patient Care: Clinical Approaches to Addressing Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
Guide and Manual, 2007
This 40-page manual provides health care professionals with information on assessing the level of risk from alcohol use with women of childbearing age. This manual also provides information about women and alcohol use, use of the T-ACE screening tool, and brief motivational interviewing techniques. Included in the manual is a list of treatment and referral services based in Saskatchewan, along with links to national resources and organizations. Audience: health care professionals.
You can also download each section of the manual:
Alcohol and the Brain
This video summarizes research that shows how alcohol affects parts of the brain, both immediately and long term. It also discusses theories on how alcohol causes addiction and some of the complications for treatment.SKU: 3-V-352
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fact Sheet, 2015
This fact sheet describes Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, how it occurs, general characteristics of someone with FASD, factors that influence the impact of alcohol, and prevention recommendations.SKU: 3-103
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
Screening for Alcohol Use
Information Card, 2007
This screening tool has been adapted with permission from Best Start Resource Centre (Ontario). This tool helps health professionals screen for the level of alcohol risk in women of childbearing age. Research has shown that this screening tool has a higher sensitivity level for use with women than other screening tools.Audience: Healthcare ProfessionalsSKU: 3-140