Enhancing Patient Care: Clinical Approaches to Addressing Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
Guide and Manual, 2007
This 40-page manual provides health care professionals with information on assessing the level of risk from alcohol use with women of childbearing age. This manual also provides information about women and alcohol use, use of the T-ACE screening tool, and brief motivational interviewing techniques. Included in the manual is a list of treatment and referral services based in Saskatchewan, along with links to national resources and organizations. Audience: health care professionals.
You can also download each section of the manual:
No Thanks I’m Pregnant
This 11” x 17” poster shows a pregnant woman turning down a glass of wine, saying “No thanks, I’m pregnant”.SKU: 3-050
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
In the Greenhouse
Explore science through the creative arts! ‘Mother Nature’ leads us through an ideal pregnancy, free from alcohol. She shows us what a developing baby needs for good brain development and the impact that alcohol has on memory, relationships, and day-to-day living. She also paints a picture of what a person who has been exposed to alcohol might experience while growing up, and how we can make accommodations to make things easier for everyone. ‘Mother Nature’ will make you think, make you laugh, and warm your heart.
‘Mother Nature’ is Karmen Krahn-Schulties. She is the author of, and actor in, this creative one-woman play.SKU: 3-133
FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.SKU: 3-127