FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.
Everything You Need to Know about Alcohol in 22 Minutes
This DVD shows that teenage drinkers are more likely to experience health problems, school problems, and social dysfunction. It shows the effects of alcohol on the liver, immune system, and gastro-intestinal system, and how binge drinking can lead to alcohol poisoning and death. It also explains how alcohol impacts brain development during adolescence and permanently damages parts of the brain associated with memory. The video details how a mother’s drinking during pregnancy can cause Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and its impact on her child’s entire life. It includes first-person accounts of teens’ DUI tragedies, and describes the legal ramifications of underage drinking. The video helps viewers determine whether they have a drinking problem, plus where and how to get help.Audience: Grades 7-12SKU: 3-V-368
These 8.5 x 11 inch posters, developed by Childbirth Graphics, assist healthcare professionals in discussing alcohol use with their patients. Although these posters do not focus on FASD, they can be used to help patients understand that alcohol is one of many factors which can impact the development of the fetus.Audience: Healthcare Professionals and their PatientsSKU: 3-143
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
Filmed on the Beardy's and Okemasis Reserve in Saskatchewan, Precious Gift deals with the issue of drinking during pregnancy. It portrays a real life situation focusing on the life of a young Aboriginal woman, who is pregnant and seeks guidance about making healthy choices from friends and family.SKU: 3-110