Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
In the Greenhouse
Explore science through the creative arts! ‘Mother Nature’ leads us through an ideal pregnancy, free from alcohol. She shows us what a developing baby needs for good brain development and the impact that alcohol has on memory, relationships, and day-to-day living. She also paints a picture of what a person who has been exposed to alcohol might experience while growing up, and how we can make accommodations to make things easier for everyone. ‘Mother Nature’ will make you think, make you laugh, and warm your heart.
‘Mother Nature’ is Karmen Krahn-Schulties. She is the author of, and actor in, this creative one-woman play.SKU: 3-133
Filmed on the Beardy's and Okemasis Reserve in Saskatchewan, Precious Gift deals with the issue of drinking during pregnancy. It portrays a real life situation focusing on the life of a young Aboriginal woman, who is pregnant and seeks guidance about making healthy choices from friends and family.SKU: 3-110