Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
Enhancing Patient Care: Clinical Approaches to Addressing Alcohol Use During Pregnancy
Guide and Manual, 2007
This 40-page manual provides health care professionals with information on assessing the level of risk from alcohol use with women of childbearing age. This manual also provides information about women and alcohol use, use of the T-ACE screening tool, and brief motivational interviewing techniques. Included in the manual is a list of treatment and referral services based in Saskatchewan, along with links to national resources and organizations. Audience: health care professionals.
You can also download each section of the manual:SKU: 3-141
A Normal Life
This video looks at the challenges of living with FASD through the eyes of three adults with FASD. Their parents share their insights and strategies. The video presents success stories of early intervention and diagnosis in reducing secondary disabilities commonly experienced by individuals with FASD.SKU: 3-V-315