Moment to Moment: Teens Growing up with FASDs
This video explores the lives of four adolescents living with FASDs and the effects that prenatal alcohol exposure has had and continues to have on their journeys to finding independence, fulfillment, and understanding the world around them.
Filmed on the Beardy's and Okemasis Reserve in Saskatchewan, Precious Gift deals with the issue of drinking during pregnancy. It portrays a real life situation focusing on the life of a young Aboriginal woman, who is pregnant and seeks guidance about making healthy choices from friends and family.SKU: 3-110
Pregnancy and Alcohol: A Doctor’s Advice
This brochure includes a brief summary of medical research about the impact of alcohol on a developing fetus. It also provides information and advice that a doctor could give to women about how alcohol affects a developing baby, and steps a woman can take to protect her unborn baby from exposure to alcohol. Included in the brochure are some ideas about supports to help women quit drinking.SKU: 3-151
Alcohol and the Brain
This video summarizes research that shows how alcohol affects parts of the brain, both immediately and long term. It also discusses theories on how alcohol causes addiction and some of the complications for treatment.SKU: 3-V-352
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.