Moment to Moment: Teens Growing up with FASDs
This video explores the lives of four adolescents living with FASDs and the effects that prenatal alcohol exposure has had and continues to have on their journeys to finding independence, fulfillment, and understanding the world around them.
This Is Why I Supported Her Not to Drink
Information Card, 2018
This information card is aimed at fathers and fathers-to-be, suggesting they support their partners to avoid alcohol during pregnancy in order to prevent Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. On the back of the card is information about how alcohol impacts the fetus and suggestions on how to provide support. There is a link to a website for more information.SKU: 3-061
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
What Have You Heard about Alcohol and Pregnancy?
Information Card, 2014
This information card is for people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. It explains how drinking alcohol can affect a developing baby and cause a lifelong disability.SKU: 3-125
Alcohol and the Brain
This video summarizes research that shows how alcohol affects parts of the brain, both immediately and long term. It also discusses theories on how alcohol causes addiction and some of the complications for treatment.SKU: 3-V-352