Parenting with FASD: Challenges, Strategies, and Supports
Featuring four adults living and parenting with FASD, this video focuses on some of the parenting-related experiences and challenges faced by people with FASD. Highlighted as well are strategies, suggestions, and resources found to promote positive parenting. A resource booklet is included.
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.SKU: 3-127
Filmed on the Beardy's and Okemasis Reserve in Saskatchewan, Precious Gift deals with the issue of drinking during pregnancy. It portrays a real life situation focusing on the life of a young Aboriginal woman, who is pregnant and seeks guidance about making healthy choices from friends and family.SKU: 3-110
Learning about FASD – Modules
Guide and Manual, 2009
This resource is for post-secondary instructors and professors to assist them in providing information and education about FASD in professional programs where students, upon graduation, may work with women of childbearing age. The programs include health care, education, justice, addictions, psychology, social work, and other community service programs. The CD contains digital copies of the printed resource “Learning About FASD: A Teaching Package for Post-Secondary Institutions” as well as a copy of a PowerPoint that can be used in classrooms. Both the PowerPoint and written modules contain case studies, activities, and discussion questions that can be used to adapt the presentation to make it useful for any group.
Click the Download File button below to get all the modules or click just the modules that you want from the following links:
- Module One: Values Attitudes and Stereotypes
- Module Two: What is FASD
- Module Three: Alcohol Women and Pregnancy
- Module Four: Youth and Alcohol Use
- Module Five: Supporting Women Who Drink During Pregnancy
- Module Six: Impact of Alcohol on Fetal Development
- Module Seven: Referral and Diagnosis
- Module Eight: Primary Disabilities and Secondary Disabilities
- Module Nine: Prevention of FASD
- Module Ten: FASD and the Media
- Module Eleven: Services In Saskatchewan