Filmed on the Beardy's and Okemasis Reserve in Saskatchewan, Precious Gift deals with the issue of drinking during pregnancy. It portrays a real life situation focusing on the life of a young Aboriginal woman, who is pregnant and seeks guidance about making healthy choices from friends and family.
Pregnancy and Alcohol: A Doctor’s Advice
This brochure includes a brief summary of medical research about the impact of alcohol on a developing fetus. It also provides information and advice that a doctor could give to women about how alcohol affects a developing baby, and steps a woman can take to protect her unborn baby from exposure to alcohol. Included in the brochure are some ideas about supports to help women quit drinking.SKU: 3-151
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
What Have You Heard about Alcohol and Pregnancy?
Information Card, 2014
This information card is written in plain language, for people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. It explains how drinking alcohol can affect a developing baby and cause a lifelong disability.SKU: 3-126
These 8.5 x 11 inch posters, developed by Childbirth Graphics, assist healthcare professionals in discussing alcohol use with their patients. Although these posters do not focus on FASD, they can be used to help patients understand that alcohol is one of many factors which can impact the development of the fetus.Audience: Healthcare Professionals and their PatientsSKU: 3-143