Experience joy and happiness at its purest in this life-affirming, universal celebration of the magic and innocence of babies. Proving that if you surround your baby with love, it doesn’t matter what culture you’re from or what childrearing practices you follow. “Babies” travels the globe following four children from vastly different corners of the world – Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia, Mari from Tokyo, and Hattie from San Francisco.
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503
The Happiest Baby on the Block
In this video, Dr. Karp teaches parents and caregivers how to calm and soothe a crying baby by using the “5 S’s”. The “Happiest Baby on the Block” is a positive parenting video and can also be used for the prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome by teaching how to appropriately deal with infant crying.SKU: 5-V-504
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Protect Your Baby’s Head Shape: Preventing Flat Spots on Your Baby’s Head
This brochure provides parents and caregivers with information on positional plagiocephaly, or “flat head”. Information includes how to prevent flat spots and what to do if a flat spot is found on baby’s head.SKU: 4-101