Experience joy and happiness at its purest in this life-affirming, universal celebration of the magic and innocence of babies. Proving that if you surround your baby with love, it doesn’t matter what culture you’re from or what childrearing practices you follow. “Babies” travels the globe following four children from vastly different corners of the world – Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia, Mari from Tokyo, and Hattie from San Francisco.
Your Healthy Baby (I Am Your Child Series)
In order to give a child a healthy start in life, parents and caregivers need the most up-to-date information on children’s health and nutrition issues.
In this video, Phylicia Rashad delivers expert advice on how parents can help their children establish healthy habits, with information on:
- How to maintain good health during pregnancy
- Bottle-feeding versus breast-feeding
- When you and your child should visit the doctor
- What foods to feed your child and when
- The importance of exercise
Hold onto Your Kids
This DVD explores the importance of attachment in the development of children. In some cases, these relationships do not last for the length of time that children are still maturing. Often times, children turn their attachment relationship from caregivers to peers. However, peer relationships do not have the same benefits for the child as those with caregivers.SKU: 8-V-804
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503
Power to Parent: Helping Children Grow Up
This is part 2 of a 3-part series. This course is recommended for professional development purposes and should be used in a consecutive fashion as each session builds on previous information. As suggested by the title, the DVD speaks to the topic of helping children grow up. Sessions are broken down as follows:
- Parents and the miracle of maturation
- How to give children the rest they need to grow
- Keys to independence, individuality, and responsibility
- How to help children become their own persons
- Keys to resilience, resourcefulness, and recovery
- How to help children accept limits and adapt to circumstances
- Keys to emotional and social maturity
- Helping children become considerate and find their self-control