Challenging Behaviors in Young Children: Techniques and Solutions
This DVD highlights expert information from two books Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Classroom Settings: Creating a Place for all Children and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Settings: A Teacher’s Guide. The DVD uses footage from a daycare setting to highlight concepts that are introduced by experts throughout the film. Special attention is paid to methods that can be used to teach young children how to problem solve.
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Your Young Child’s Brain: How Does It Develop?
Information Card, 2010
Written in plain language, this information card provides basic information about the importance of brain development during the early years. Practical tips to increase opportunities for children’s healthy development are included.SKU: 8-701
A Child with Special Needs (I Am Your Child Series)
Finding out that your child has special needs is the beginning of a remarkable journey. Whether your child is developmentally delayed or has a significant physical disability, you want your child to be happy and safe, and to develop to her fullest potential.
In this video, families of children with special needs share their stories to help others in similar circumstances understand that, while every child is unique, there are common experiences, emotions, and challenges families are likely to encounter as they work to help their child.
This video provides information on:
- What to do when you find out that your child has a special need
- Moving from confusion and grief to acceptance and empowerment
- Finding answers and getting help
- Speaking up as your child’s best advocate
- The importance of looking beyond the diagnosis
- Focusing on your child’s unique strengths
Power to Parent: Common Challenges
Dr. Neufeld discusses ways to address challenging behaviour in children while maintaining attachment relationships. The eight sessions are as follows:
- Thinking developmentally when facing challenges
- Recognizing the signs of trouble
- Living with a sensitive child
- Cultivating resilience in a child
- Leading an alpha child
- Disciplining a stuck child
- Putting the developmental approach into practice