Elijah’s Story is the true story of a 16-month-old baby boy who was shaken to death by his biological father. The film follows the young family from the birth of Elijah to the 911 emergency call and sentencing hearing. Testimonies are given by Elijah’s mom and grandparents, as well as by the doctor, detective, and judge in the case. Elijah’s mom shares her emotions as she tries to go on, and Elijah’s dad speaks out from prison, encouraging others to learn from his mistakes.
Your Healthy Baby (I Am Your Child Series)
In order to give a child a healthy start in life, parents and caregivers need the most up-to-date information on children’s health and nutrition issues.
In this video, Phylicia Rashad delivers expert advice on how parents can help their children establish healthy habits, with information on:
- How to maintain good health during pregnancy
- Bottle-feeding versus breast-feeding
- When you and your child should visit the doctor
- What foods to feed your child and when
- The importance of exercise
The Art and Science of Transplanting Children
This course explores the attachment needs of children and how these can become disrupted when a child is moved into a new environment. Each presentation is designed so that the material builds on the information learned in previous presentations. This course is suitable for anyone working with children or who is responsible for making policy decisions regarding children who are placed into care. This can be used for individual professional development or could be used as a series of one-hour staff development sessions. Foster and adoptive parents will also benefit from this information.SKU: 8-V-808
Power to Parent: Helping Children Grow Up
This is part 2 of a 3-part series. This course is recommended for professional development purposes and should be used in a consecutive fashion as each session builds on previous information. As suggested by the title, the DVD speaks to the topic of helping children grow up. Sessions are broken down as follows:
- Parents and the miracle of maturation
- How to give children the rest they need to grow
- Keys to independence, individuality, and responsibility
- How to help children become their own persons
- Keys to resilience, resourcefulness, and recovery
- How to help children accept limits and adapt to circumstances
- Keys to emotional and social maturity
- Helping children become considerate and find their self-control
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503