Elijah’s Story is the true story of a 16-month-old baby boy who was shaken to death by his biological father. The film follows the young family from the birth of Elijah to the 911 emergency call and sentencing hearing. Testimonies are given by Elijah’s mom and grandparents, as well as by the doctor, detective, and judge in the case. Elijah’s mom shares her emotions as she tries to go on, and Elijah’s dad speaks out from prison, encouraging others to learn from his mistakes.
Why Early Childhood Matters (I Am Your Child Series)
Scientific research confirms that children’s earliest experiences – starting even before they’re born – dramatically affect their ability to succeed in school, and in life. In this video, our country’s leaders in government, business, crime prevention, and academia voice their commitment to our nation’s youngest children and emphasize the crucial need for increased investments in early childhood.
This video is designed to help you motivate your community to create and support programs so that every child enters school ready to succeed. Our future depends on the investments we make today in our youngest children.SKU: 5-V-525
From Conception to Birth
This fascinating program follows the physical development of a baby from conception to birth by following the pregnancies of a number of young women. Using enhanced computer animation made from ultrasound pictures and computer graphics, this program illustrates and describes the development of a child from conception through birth.Audience: Grades 9-12SKU: 7-V-711
Your Healthy Baby (I Am Your Child Series)
In order to give a child a healthy start in life, parents and caregivers need the most up-to-date information on children’s health and nutrition issues.
In this video, Phylicia Rashad delivers expert advice on how parents can help their children establish healthy habits, with information on:
- How to maintain good health during pregnancy
- Bottle-feeding versus breast-feeding
- When you and your child should visit the doctor
- What foods to feed your child and when
- The importance of exercise
Power to Parent: Helping Children Grow Up
This is part 2 of a 3-part series. This course is recommended for professional development purposes and should be used in a consecutive fashion as each session builds on previous information. As suggested by the title, the DVD speaks to the topic of helping children grow up. Sessions are broken down as follows:
- Parents and the miracle of maturation
- How to give children the rest they need to grow
- Keys to independence, individuality, and responsibility
- How to help children become their own persons
- Keys to resilience, resourcefulness, and recovery
- How to help children accept limits and adapt to circumstances
- Keys to emotional and social maturity
- Helping children become considerate and find their self-control