Infant Mortality in Saskatchewan: Evidence to Inform Public Health Practice
This document was prepared to describe the relationship between modifiable risk factors and infant mortality. It is meant to provide guidance, strategies, and support to help expand or develop programs that may contribute to the reduction of infant mortality in Saskatchewan. It includes a review of the literature regarding prevalent risk factors associated with infant mortality, as well as identifying promising practices related to those modifiable risk factors.
A Child with Special Needs (I Am Your Child Series)
Finding out that your child has special needs is the beginning of a remarkable journey. Whether your child is developmentally delayed or has a significant physical disability, you want your child to be happy and safe, and to develop to her fullest potential.
In this video, families of children with special needs share their stories to help others in similar circumstances understand that, while every child is unique, there are common experiences, emotions, and challenges families are likely to encounter as they work to help their child.
This video provides information on:
- What to do when you find out that your child has a special need
- Moving from confusion and grief to acceptance and empowerment
- Finding answers and getting help
- Speaking up as your child’s best advocate
- The importance of looking beyond the diagnosis
- Focusing on your child’s unique strengths
The Secret Life of the Brain
The following DVDs are part of a series entitled “The Secret Life of the Brain”.
- Episode One: The Baby’s Brain: Wider than the Sky
- Episode Two: The Child’s Brain: Syllable from Sound
- Episode Three: The Teenage Brain: A World of Their Own
- Episode Four: The Adult Brain: To Think by Feeling
- Episode Five: The Aging Brain: Through Many Lives
This series examines brain development and function throughout the lifetime, from prenatal development to later life. Presenting personal stories, the series highlights various diseases and disabilities, and describes the cutting edge research and resulting knowledge about the brain.SKU: 8-V-802
The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics
This lecture series features Dr. Bruce Perry sharing information about the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics. This series can be used for professional education. The series is separated into 8 parts as follows:
- The neurodevelopmental lens
- The response to threat
- Memory and processing
- Neurosociology: Relational neurobiology
- NMT: Principles
- Clinical application of the NMT
- Questions and Answers
Protect Your Baby’s Head Shape: Preventing Flat Spots on Your Baby’s Head
This brochure provides parents and caregivers with information on positional plagiocephaly, or “flat head”. Information includes how to prevent flat spots and what to do if a flat spot is found on baby’s head.SKU: 4-101