Listening to Baby
Listening to Baby is an interactive DVD about the importance of supporting attachment by noticing, understanding, and responding with sensitivity to babies’ cues. This DVD is a rich and multifaceted teaching tool developed primarily for a parent audience but with potential to be used in education and other settings. Messages are told mostly in the voices of parents and illustrated by beautiful images of their babies, from 2 weeks to 16 months of age.
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503
The Secret Life of the Brain
The following DVDs are part of a series entitled “The Secret Life of the Brain”.
- Episode One: The Baby’s Brain: Wider than the Sky
- Episode Two: The Child’s Brain: Syllable from Sound
- Episode Three: The Teenage Brain: A World of Their Own
- Episode Four: The Adult Brain: To Think by Feeling
- Episode Five: The Aging Brain: Through Many Lives
This series examines brain development and function throughout the lifetime, from prenatal development to later life. Presenting personal stories, the series highlights various diseases and disabilities, and describes the cutting edge research and resulting knowledge about the brain.SKU: 8-V-802
Healthy Baby Healthy Brain
This DVD provides expert commentary, real life scenarios, and practical strategies for parents to help integrate the information that is being shared. A Facilitator’s Guide is included that allows frontline staff to use the video with groups of parents or on a one-to-one basis to introduce the importance of brain development. This workshop can also be used for professional development. The key messages of the workshop and DVD are “start early”, “love builds brains”, “play builds brains”, “health builds brains”, and “baby’s world matters”.
This video complements the material that can be found at www.HealthyBabyHealthyBrain.ca.SKU: 8-V-813
Power to Parent: Helping Children Grow Up
This is part 2 of a 3-part series. This course is recommended for professional development purposes and should be used in a consecutive fashion as each session builds on previous information. As suggested by the title, the DVD speaks to the topic of helping children grow up. Sessions are broken down as follows:
- Parents and the miracle of maturation
- How to give children the rest they need to grow
- Keys to independence, individuality, and responsibility
- How to help children become their own persons
- Keys to resilience, resourcefulness, and recovery
- How to help children accept limits and adapt to circumstances
- Keys to emotional and social maturity
- Helping children become considerate and find their self-control