Power to Parent: The Vital Connection
This is part 1 of a 3-part series. In this DVD, Dr. Neufeld examines the importance of the attachment relationship that children have with their caregivers and its continuance into adolescence. He discusses the difficulties that can occur if attachments to peers begin to compete with the attachment children have with their caregiver(s).
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Protect Your Baby’s Head Shape: Preventing Flat Spots on Your Baby’s Head
This brochure provides parents and caregivers with information on positional plagiocephaly, or “flat head”. Information includes how to prevent flat spots and what to do if a flat spot is found on baby’s head.SKU: 4-101
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Healthy Baby Healthy Brain
This DVD provides expert commentary, real life scenarios, and practical strategies for parents to help integrate the information that is being shared. A Facilitator’s Guide is included that allows frontline staff to use the video with groups of parents or on a one-to-one basis to introduce the importance of brain development. This workshop can also be used for professional development. The key messages of the workshop and DVD are “start early”, “love builds brains”, “play builds brains”, “health builds brains”, and “baby’s world matters”.
This video complements the material that can be found at www.HealthyBabyHealthyBrain.ca.SKU: 8-V-813