The Baby Human 2
Imagine being thrust into a world where you cannot speak, can barely move, and must unravel the meaning behind a maze of sounds and sights in order to survive. This is the world of the baby.
Series Two of this groundbreaking program takes a look inside the mind of a baby, revealing how they think, communicate, and observe. Episodes include: To Feel, To Belong, and To Relate. Also includes segments on less common baby names and their meanings, and baby trivia.
Understanding Traumatized and Maltreated Children: The Core Concepts
This DVD consists of seven, half-hour presentations focused on child maltreatment and trauma. Dr. Bruce Perry, from the ChildTrauma Academy, presents information on the following topics:
- Challenging our beliefs
- The amazing human brain
- How the brain develops: The importance of early childhood development
- Neglect: How poverty of experience disrupts development
- The fear response: The impact of childhood trauma
- Living and working with traumatized children
- Violence and childhood
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503