The Baby Human
Imagine you’re suddenly thrust into a world where you can’t speak, can barely move, and must unravel the meaning behind a maze of sounds and sights in order to survive. This is the world of the baby.
For the first time, experience the first two years of a child’s life just as they do. This groundbreaking program reveals what only the little ones know. What is their most profound need? How do they REALLY see their parents? What does it feel like to struggle to walk or learn to speak?
It’s an incredible journey each of us has taken – but none of us remember. Get a carpet-and-crib-eye view of the baby’s world as they take their first humorous, death-defying, wondrous steps into life.
Episodes include: To Walk, To Think, and To Talk. Also includes segments on baby trivia, and common baby names and their meanings.
The Happiest Baby on the Block
In this video, Dr. Karp teaches parents and caregivers how to calm and soothe a crying baby by using the “5 S’s”. The “Happiest Baby on the Block” is a positive parenting video and can also be used for the prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome by teaching how to appropriately deal with infant crying.SKU: 5-V-504
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Ten Things Every Child Needs
Can a child’s IQ be improved during the first years of life? Researchers say yes, if the child receives ten simple things shown to help children’s brains develop.
Ten Things Every Child Needs explains how our earliest interactions influence a child’s brain development. Hosted by popular television personality Tim Reid, Ten Things Every Child Needs is an invaluable guide that parents and caregivers can follow to give a child his or her best start in life.SKU: 5-V-503
Experience joy and happiness at its purest in this life-affirming, universal celebration of the magic and innocence of babies. Proving that if you surround your baby with love, it doesn’t matter what culture you’re from or what childrearing practices you follow. “Babies” travels the globe following four children from vastly different corners of the world – Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia, Mari from Tokyo, and Hattie from San Francisco.SKU: 5-V-509