The Baby Human
Imagine you’re suddenly thrust into a world where you can’t speak, can barely move, and must unravel the meaning behind a maze of sounds and sights in order to survive. This is the world of the baby.
For the first time, experience the first two years of a child’s life just as they do. This groundbreaking program reveals what only the little ones know. What is their most profound need? How do they REALLY see their parents? What does it feel like to struggle to walk or learn to speak?
It’s an incredible journey each of us has taken – but none of us remember. Get a carpet-and-crib-eye view of the baby’s world as they take their first humorous, death-defying, wondrous steps into life.
Episodes include: To Walk, To Think, and To Talk. Also includes segments on baby trivia, and common baby names and their meanings.
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Protect Your Baby’s Head Shape: Preventing Flat Spots on Your Baby’s Head
This brochure provides parents and caregivers with information on positional plagiocephaly, or “flat head”. Information includes how to prevent flat spots and what to do if a flat spot is found on baby’s head.SKU: 4-101
The Heart of Learning
Much of the way children think and feel about themselves and their world is determined in the first three years of their lives. In this formative time, the brain is developing a complex “wiring” system, making connections that will strongly influence children’s patterns of emotional, social, and psychological behaviour – and how well they can learn, handle stress, thrive, and function in the world. The video kindles deep, natural parenting instincts, while providing clear and accessible strategies for loving and nurturing interaction with children.SKU: 5-V-508
The Secret Life of the Brain
The following DVDs are part of a series entitled “The Secret Life of the Brain”.
- Episode One: The Baby’s Brain: Wider than the Sky
- Episode Two: The Child’s Brain: Syllable from Sound
- Episode Three: The Teenage Brain: A World of Their Own
- Episode Four: The Adult Brain: To Think by Feeling
- Episode Five: The Aging Brain: Through Many Lives
This series examines brain development and function throughout the lifetime, from prenatal development to later life. Presenting personal stories, the series highlights various diseases and disabilities, and describes the cutting edge research and resulting knowledge about the brain.SKU: 8-V-802