The Baby Human
Imagine you’re suddenly thrust into a world where you can’t speak, can barely move, and must unravel the meaning behind a maze of sounds and sights in order to survive. This is the world of the baby.
For the first time, experience the first two years of a child’s life just as they do. This groundbreaking program reveals what only the little ones know. What is their most profound need? How do they REALLY see their parents? What does it feel like to struggle to walk or learn to speak?
It’s an incredible journey each of us has taken – but none of us remember. Get a carpet-and-crib-eye view of the baby’s world as they take their first humorous, death-defying, wondrous steps into life.
Episodes include: To Walk, To Think, and To Talk. Also includes segments on baby trivia, and common baby names and their meanings.
The Secret Life of the Brain
The following DVDs are part of a series entitled “The Secret Life of the Brain”.
- Episode One: The Baby’s Brain: Wider than the Sky
- Episode Two: The Child’s Brain: Syllable from Sound
- Episode Three: The Teenage Brain: A World of Their Own
- Episode Four: The Adult Brain: To Think by Feeling
- Episode Five: The Aging Brain: Through Many Lives
This series examines brain development and function throughout the lifetime, from prenatal development to later life. Presenting personal stories, the series highlights various diseases and disabilities, and describes the cutting edge research and resulting knowledge about the brain.SKU: 8-V-802
The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics
This lecture series features Dr. Bruce Perry sharing information about the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics. This series can be used for professional education. The series is separated into 8 parts as follows:
- The neurodevelopmental lens
- The response to threat
- Memory and processing
- Neurosociology: Relational neurobiology
- NMT: Principles
- Clinical application of the NMT
- Questions and Answers
Understanding Traumatized and Maltreated Children: The Core Concepts
This DVD consists of seven, half-hour presentations focused on child maltreatment and trauma. Dr. Bruce Perry, from the ChildTrauma Academy, presents information on the following topics:
- Challenging our beliefs
- The amazing human brain
- How the brain develops: The importance of early childhood development
- Neglect: How poverty of experience disrupts development
- The fear response: The impact of childhood trauma
- Living and working with traumatized children
- Violence and childhood
Hold onto Your Kids
This DVD explores the importance of attachment in the development of children. In some cases, these relationships do not last for the length of time that children are still maturing. Often times, children turn their attachment relationship from caregivers to peers. However, peer relationships do not have the same benefits for the child as those with caregivers.SKU: 8-V-804