The Baby Human
Imagine you’re suddenly thrust into a world where you can’t speak, can barely move, and must unravel the meaning behind a maze of sounds and sights in order to survive. This is the world of the baby.
For the first time, experience the first two years of a child’s life just as they do. This groundbreaking program reveals what only the little ones know. What is their most profound need? How do they REALLY see their parents? What does it feel like to struggle to walk or learn to speak?
It’s an incredible journey each of us has taken – but none of us remember. Get a carpet-and-crib-eye view of the baby’s world as they take their first humorous, death-defying, wondrous steps into life.
Episodes include: To Walk, To Think, and To Talk. Also includes segments on baby trivia, and common baby names and their meanings.
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care
Power to Parent: Common Challenges
Dr. Neufeld discusses ways to address challenging behaviour in children while maintaining attachment relationships. The eight sessions are as follows:
- Thinking developmentally when facing challenges
- Recognizing the signs of trouble
- Living with a sensitive child
- Cultivating resilience in a child
- Leading an alpha child
- Disciplining a stuck child
- Putting the developmental approach into practice
The Six Core Strengths for Healthy Childhood Development
In this DVD, Dr. Bruce Perry outlines the core strengths that, if developed in early childhood, help children to grow into creative, social, humane, and caring humans. These core strengths are only expressed if a child is given opportunities to develop them. They include attachment, self-regulation, affiliation, attunement, tolerance, and respect.SKU: 8-V-809
Experience joy and happiness at its purest in this life-affirming, universal celebration of the magic and innocence of babies. Proving that if you surround your baby with love, it doesn’t matter what culture you’re from or what childrearing practices you follow. “Babies” travels the globe following four children from vastly different corners of the world – Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia, Mari from Tokyo, and Hattie from San Francisco.SKU: 5-V-509