The Secret Life of the Brain
The following DVDs are part of a series entitled “The Secret Life of the Brain”.
- Episode One: The Baby’s Brain: Wider than the Sky
- Episode Two: The Child’s Brain: Syllable from Sound
- Episode Three: The Teenage Brain: A World of Their Own
- Episode Four: The Adult Brain: To Think by Feeling
- Episode Five: The Aging Brain: Through Many Lives
This series examines brain development and function throughout the lifetime, from prenatal development to later life. Presenting personal stories, the series highlights various diseases and disabilities, and describes the cutting edge research and resulting knowledge about the brain.
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Your Healthy Baby (I Am Your Child Series)
In order to give a child a healthy start in life, parents and caregivers need the most up-to-date information on children’s health and nutrition issues.
In this video, Phylicia Rashad delivers expert advice on how parents can help their children establish healthy habits, with information on:
- How to maintain good health during pregnancy
- Bottle-feeding versus breast-feeding
- When you and your child should visit the doctor
- What foods to feed your child and when
- The importance of exercise
Challenging Behaviors in Young Children: Techniques and Solutions
This DVD highlights expert information from two books Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Classroom Settings: Creating a Place for all Children and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Settings: A Teacher’s Guide. The DVD uses footage from a daycare setting to highlight concepts that are introduced by experts throughout the film. Special attention is paid to methods that can be used to teach young children how to problem solve.Audience: Parents and Early Childhood EducatorsSKU: 8-V-814
The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics
This lecture series features Dr. Bruce Perry sharing information about the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics. This series can be used for professional education. The series is separated into 8 parts as follows:
- The neurodevelopmental lens
- The response to threat
- Memory and processing
- Neurosociology: Relational neurobiology
- NMT: Principles
- Clinical application of the NMT
- Questions and Answers