Why Early Childhood Matters (I Am Your Child Series)
Scientific research confirms that children’s earliest experiences – starting even before they’re born – dramatically affect their ability to succeed in school, and in life. In this video, our country’s leaders in government, business, crime prevention, and academia voice their commitment to our nation’s youngest children and emphasize the crucial need for increased investments in early childhood.
This video is designed to help you motivate your community to create and support programs so that every child enters school ready to succeed. Our future depends on the investments we make today in our youngest children.
Power to Parent: Helping Children Grow Up
This is part 2 of a 3-part series. This course is recommended for professional development purposes and should be used in a consecutive fashion as each session builds on previous information. As suggested by the title, the DVD speaks to the topic of helping children grow up. Sessions are broken down as follows:
- Parents and the miracle of maturation
- How to give children the rest they need to grow
- Keys to independence, individuality, and responsibility
- How to help children become their own persons
- Keys to resilience, resourcefulness, and recovery
- How to help children accept limits and adapt to circumstances
- Keys to emotional and social maturity
- Helping children become considerate and find their self-control
Challenging Behaviors in Young Children: Techniques and Solutions
This DVD highlights expert information from two books Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Classroom Settings: Creating a Place for all Children and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Settings: A Teacher’s Guide. The DVD uses footage from a daycare setting to highlight concepts that are introduced by experts throughout the film. Special attention is paid to methods that can be used to teach young children how to problem solve.Audience: Parents and Early Childhood EducatorsSKU: 8-V-814
Protect Your Baby’s Head Shape: Preventing Flat Spots on Your Baby’s Head
This brochure provides parents and caregivers with information on positional plagiocephaly, or “flat head”. Information includes how to prevent flat spots and what to do if a flat spot is found on baby’s head.SKU: 4-101
A Child with Special Needs (I Am Your Child Series)
Finding out that your child has special needs is the beginning of a remarkable journey. Whether your child is developmentally delayed or has a significant physical disability, you want your child to be happy and safe, and to develop to her fullest potential.
In this video, families of children with special needs share their stories to help others in similar circumstances understand that, while every child is unique, there are common experiences, emotions, and challenges families are likely to encounter as they work to help their child.
This video provides information on:
- What to do when you find out that your child has a special need
- Moving from confusion and grief to acceptance and empowerment
- Finding answers and getting help
- Speaking up as your child’s best advocate
- The importance of looking beyond the diagnosis
- Focusing on your child’s unique strengths