Why Early Childhood Matters (I Am Your Child Series)
Scientific research confirms that children’s earliest experiences – starting even before they’re born – dramatically affect their ability to succeed in school, and in life. In this video, our country’s leaders in government, business, crime prevention, and academia voice their commitment to our nation’s youngest children and emphasize the crucial need for increased investments in early childhood.
This video is designed to help you motivate your community to create and support programs so that every child enters school ready to succeed. Our future depends on the investments we make today in our youngest children.
Power to Parent: Common Challenges
Dr. Neufeld discusses ways to address challenging behaviour in children while maintaining attachment relationships. The eight sessions are as follows:
- Thinking developmentally when facing challenges
- Recognizing the signs of trouble
- Living with a sensitive child
- Cultivating resilience in a child
- Leading an alpha child
- Disciplining a stuck child
- Putting the developmental approach into practice
A Child with Special Needs (I Am Your Child Series)
Finding out that your child has special needs is the beginning of a remarkable journey. Whether your child is developmentally delayed or has a significant physical disability, you want your child to be happy and safe, and to develop to her fullest potential.
In this video, families of children with special needs share their stories to help others in similar circumstances understand that, while every child is unique, there are common experiences, emotions, and challenges families are likely to encounter as they work to help their child.
This video provides information on:
- What to do when you find out that your child has a special need
- Moving from confusion and grief to acceptance and empowerment
- Finding answers and getting help
- Speaking up as your child’s best advocate
- The importance of looking beyond the diagnosis
- Focusing on your child’s unique strengths
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Understanding Traumatized and Maltreated Children: The Core Concepts
This DVD consists of seven, half-hour presentations focused on child maltreatment and trauma. Dr. Bruce Perry, from the ChildTrauma Academy, presents information on the following topics:
- Challenging our beliefs
- The amazing human brain
- How the brain develops: The importance of early childhood development
- Neglect: How poverty of experience disrupts development
- The fear response: The impact of childhood trauma
- Living and working with traumatized children
- Violence and childhood