Why Early Childhood Matters (I Am Your Child Series)
Scientific research confirms that children’s earliest experiences – starting even before they’re born – dramatically affect their ability to succeed in school, and in life. In this video, our country’s leaders in government, business, crime prevention, and academia voice their commitment to our nation’s youngest children and emphasize the crucial need for increased investments in early childhood.
This video is designed to help you motivate your community to create and support programs so that every child enters school ready to succeed. Our future depends on the investments we make today in our youngest children.
The Heart of Learning
Much of the way children think and feel about themselves and their world is determined in the first three years of their lives. In this formative time, the brain is developing a complex “wiring” system, making connections that will strongly influence children’s patterns of emotional, social, and psychological behaviour – and how well they can learn, handle stress, thrive, and function in the world. The video kindles deep, natural parenting instincts, while providing clear and accessible strategies for loving and nurturing interaction with children.SKU: 5-V-508
Your Healthy Baby (I Am Your Child Series)
In order to give a child a healthy start in life, parents and caregivers need the most up-to-date information on children’s health and nutrition issues.
In this video, Phylicia Rashad delivers expert advice on how parents can help their children establish healthy habits, with information on:
- How to maintain good health during pregnancy
- Bottle-feeding versus breast-feeding
- When you and your child should visit the doctor
- What foods to feed your child and when
- The importance of exercise
Cherish Me for I am a Child
This brightly coloured wall hanging with the poem “Cherish Me for I am a Child” talks about the importance of a child growing up feeling safe, secure, and happy and in order for a child to do this he needs to be protected, cared for, and loved by the adults in his life. This can be used as a wall hanging for anyone to have in their home or office.SKU: 5-504
For the Child: Information on Mental Health and Advocacy for Resource Parents (I Am Your Child Series)
- Understand the most common children’s mental health problems
- Navigate the local mental health service delivery system
- Develop alliances with birth parents, school systems, mental health providers, and case workers
- Feel increased comfort with seeking mental health services
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of foster children, birth parents, kinship providers, foster parents, and caseworkers
- Identify who to call, what to say, and where to go to obtain the right services for the children in their care
- Be an effective advocate for the children in their care