Discipline – Teaching Limits with Love (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Discipline – setting limits – is one of the most difficult challenges parents face. In this video, Dr. T. Berry Brazelton, America’s foremost pediatrician, shows parents that setting limits is not punishment, but a loving way to teach a child how to control his or her own behaviour.
Included is information on:
- Why a child actually looks for limits
- Techniques for setting effective limits from the start
- Why a firm but gentle approach is the most effective
- Managing your own emotions and avoiding physical punishment
- Why the limits children learn in their first few years build a foundation for the rest of their lives
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Nobody’s Perfect Bookmark
This bookmark provides information about the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program. Ideal for program facilitators as a take-home keepsake for participants.SKU: 5-001
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce