Good Discipline, Good Kids (Parent and Child Series)
This is one of a three-part series entitled “Parent and Child” produced by Sunburst Videos. Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish, authors of “How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk” discuss parenting issues. This video helps parents understand the basic element of healthy discipline – respectful communication. It helps parents get past the daily power struggle with their children by showing them how to engage cooperation; effectively set rules, expectations, and limits; problem-solve; and use effective alternatives to punishment.
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Preparing for Parenthood (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Becoming a parent is one of life’s most wonderful – and challenging – experiences. If you are planning a pregnancy, there are many things you can do right now to help give your future child the best possible start in life. If you’re already pregnant, you can begin making changes today that will help your baby enter the world as healthy as possible.SKU: 5-V-517
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 3 – Preschoolers
Volume 3 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their preschooler’s social and cognitive growth. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Preschoolers, Fighting Siblings, Getting Attention, and Power Struggles.SKU: 5-V-537