Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Messages from the Heart: Caring for Our Children
Residential schools and child welfare policies leave echoes in First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities. Traditional ways of rearing children have been interrupted. This video captures with sensitivity and honesty the journey to healing as voiced by participants in this extraordinary event, hosted in Ottawa March 12-14 by the National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health. Woven throughout are the cultural talents, performances, and insights of many of the participants.SKU: 5-V-541
Healthy Parenting Manual
Guide and Manual, 2019
The Healthy Parenting online resource is a literacy-friendly, interactive, web-based resource that covers topics relevant to parents of children under 6 years old, e.g., eating healthy, safety, child care, and child development. This resource can be accessed using a computer, tablet, or cell phone. For those who are not able to access the resource via the Internet, a manual has also been developed. Each manual costs $25.00, plus shipping.If a group would like to order a large number of manuals, please email@example.com for more information.SKU: 5-502
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce