Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 3 – Preschoolers
Volume 3 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their preschooler’s social and cognitive growth. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Preschoolers, Fighting Siblings, Getting Attention, and Power Struggles.SKU: 5-V-537
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Messages from the Heart: Caring for Our Children
Residential schools and child welfare policies leave echoes in First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities. Traditional ways of rearing children have been interrupted. This video captures with sensitivity and honesty the journey to healing as voiced by participants in this extraordinary event, hosted in Ottawa March 12-14 by the National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health. Woven throughout are the cultural talents, performances, and insights of many of the participants.SKU: 5-V-541