Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Nobody’s Perfect Bookmark
This bookmark provides information about the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program. Ideal for program facilitators as a take-home keepsake for participants.SKU: 5-001
The Dad Difference: Raising Children Birth to Five
This video is a research-based series that shows dads how to be involved with their babies from pregnancy on. This video features a diverse group of real fathers, candid comments, and practical tips to encourage every dad to become more connected. This video comes with a Facilitator’s Guide.Download the The Dad Difference Facilitator’s Guide.SKU: 5-V-531
This poster provides information about the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program. Ideal for program facilitators to use as a recruitment tool for potential participants.SKU: 5-004
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options