Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Getting Men Involved: Young Men as Fathers
Many educational programs are designed for teen mothers. Here is a video program designed to help young men, especially teen fathers. It is known that a child’s total emotional and physical development is better attained when both parents are involved. This DVD educates viewers about the important role of men in a child’s life. Real life experiences of teen fathers and other young men are shared with viewers.SKU: 5-V-532
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 1 – Babies
Volume 1 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to nourish their baby’s emotional health right from the start. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Babies, Crying, A New Babysitter, and Exploration.SKU: 5-V-535