How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 3 – Preschoolers
Volume 3 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their preschooler’s social and cognitive growth. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Preschoolers, Fighting Siblings, Getting Attention, and Power Struggles.
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Fatherhood: Indigenous Men’s Journeys
Six First Nations fathers in Canada tell what it has been like for them to become fathers and to grow into fatherhood. Most have overcome huge social obstacles and personal challenges. These men hope that other fathers will be encouraged by their stories – their sense of being on a journey and not needing to know everything about fatherhood before getting involved in caring for their children. Their message is one of hope: “You can do it!” The fathers also hope that their stories will inspire practitioners to find new ways to include fathers in child care decisions, programs, and family services.
The men speak in a personal way to fathers as well as to boys and other men considering becoming fathers. Presented in six interview segments (about 6 minutes each) with a screening guide to facilitate discussion, the DVD is an effective tool for professional development workshops and courses in family health, social services, law, early childhood education, and youth care.SKU: 5-V-530
The First Years Last Forever (I Am Your Child Video Series)
The new research in brain development tells us of the vital importance of the relationship between caregiver and child in the critical first years of life. New parents have a wonderful opportunity to help their child reach their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Bonding and attachment
- Child care
- Health and nutrition
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options