Quality Child Care – Making the Right Choices for You and Your Child (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Attributes to meet: Videos: Loan Only, Videos
Loan: condition met
Finding the right child care is often challenging – but is one of the most important decisions a parent will ever make.
Children’s intellectual and emotional development is strongly influenced by the quality of care that they receive in the first few years of their lives.
This means that the right kind of child care can be a wonderful opportunity to enrich children’s lives and help them realize their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Why quality child care is important for your child’s healthy development
- What you should look for when choosing child care
- Questions to ask a potential caregiver
- Questions to ask yourself when looking at a child care setting
- Important information to communicate to your caregiver
Sometimes, despite the amazing emotions of fatherhood, men can feel like little more than bystanders. However, babies know their fathers too, and from the moment of birth, they are eager to interact with them. Dads, as well as moms, are crucial in helping their babies build relationships. Science tells us these relationships are critical for the healthy development of babies’ brains. By following a group of families, this film teaches how to recognize the earliest signs of infant communication. These early interactions enrich your time as a father and give your baby the best possible start in life.SKU: 5-V-529
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 1 – Babies
Volume 1 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to nourish their baby’s emotional health right from the start. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Babies, Crying, A New Babysitter, and Exploration.SKU: 5-V-535