Quality Child Care – Making the Right Choices for You and Your Child (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Finding the right child care is often challenging – but is one of the most important decisions a parent will ever make.
Children’s intellectual and emotional development is strongly influenced by the quality of care that they receive in the first few years of their lives.
This means that the right kind of child care can be a wonderful opportunity to enrich children’s lives and help them realize their full potential.
This video includes information on:
- Why quality child care is important for your child’s healthy development
- What you should look for when choosing child care
- Questions to ask a potential caregiver
- Questions to ask yourself when looking at a child care setting
- Important information to communicate to your caregiver
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Healthy Parenting Manual
Guide and Manual, 2019
The Healthy Parenting online resource is a literacy-friendly, interactive, web-based resource that covers topics relevant to parents of children under 6 years old, e.g., eating healthy, safety, child care, and child development. This resource can be accessed using a computer, tablet, or cell phone. For those who are not able to access the resource via the Internet, a manual has also been developed. Each manual costs $25.00, plus shipping.If a group would like to order a large number of manuals, please email@example.com for more information.SKU: 5-502
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce