The Dad Difference: Raising Children Birth to Five
This video is a research-based series that shows dads how to be involved with their babies from pregnancy on. This video features a diverse group of real fathers, candid comments, and practical tips to encourage every dad to become more connected. This video comes with a Facilitator’s Guide.
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 2 – Toddlers
Volume 2 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their toddler’s desire for independence. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Toddlers, No! I Won’t!, Parenting in Public, and Defiant Behaviour.SKU: 5-V-536
Getting Men Involved: Young Men as Fathers
Many educational programs are designed for teen mothers. Here is a video program designed to help young men, especially teen fathers. It is known that a child’s total emotional and physical development is better attained when both parents are involved. This DVD educates viewers about the important role of men in a child’s life. Real life experiences of teen fathers and other young men are shared with viewers.SKU: 5-V-532