The Happiest Toddler on the Block
In this video, Dr. Karp teaches parents and caregivers how to calm toddler meltdowns, stop tantrums before they happen, and build a loving and respectful relationship with their child.
Dads Make a Difference
The dad’s role in a child’s life is very important. The booklet contains information on how to be an active parent, and provide structure, guidance, and opportunities to learn. This booklet challenges fathers to do everything they can to be the best dads to their children. Funding for the development of this publication was provided by Saskatchewan Community Resources and Employment.SKU: 5-015
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 2 – Toddlers
Volume 2 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their toddler’s desire for independence. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Toddlers, No! I Won’t!, Parenting in Public, and Defiant Behaviour.SKU: 5-V-536