The Pre-k Promise (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Quality preschool programs for 3 and 4 year olds can provide a sure route to success in school and beyond. Finding a high quality program at an affordable price can be challenging.
This video, featuring well-known experts on early care and education, provides guidance to help parents understand:
- How preschool programs can benefit young children
- What a quality preschool program looks like
- What questions to ask when evaluating a preschool
- How to help make quality, affordable preschool programs more widely available
Connections for Life: Attachment Resource Kit
Guide and Manual, 2007
This kit provides educational resources and tools for those who work with families. The kit provides evidence-based information on what attachment means, why it is important, what influences it, and what we can do to help promote healthy, secure attachment relationships.
The tools for supporting families are the “Attachment Activities”. These are simple, enjoyable activities that parents and other caregivers can do with children to help promote the development of healthy, secure attachment relationships. There are seven activities that can be done with a child of any age; a list of activities that can be done before the baby is born; and a list of parenting myths and what we know now to facilitate discussion. The “Attachment Activities” include: “Group Guidelines” that provide suggestions for how to introduce the activities to parent groups in a strength-based way, using adult education techniques; and “Handouts” for parents with brief descriptions of the activities. Each “Attachment Activity” is independent of the others, so you can introduce one, some, or all of the activities, depending on what works best for you.
All of the materials are available in both English and French.
Note – The information in this kit should not be used to diagnose children or provide therapy. Only trained professionals should provide diagnosis or therapy.SKU: 6-000
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options