The Pre-k Promise (I Am Your Child Video Series)
Quality preschool programs for 3 and 4 year olds can provide a sure route to success in school and beyond. Finding a high quality program at an affordable price can be challenging.
This video, featuring well-known experts on early care and education, provides guidance to help parents understand:
- How preschool programs can benefit young children
- What a quality preschool program looks like
- What questions to ask when evaluating a preschool
- How to help make quality, affordable preschool programs more widely available
To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
This poster provides information about the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program. Ideal for program facilitators to use as a recruitment tool for potential participants.SKU: 5-004
Dads Make a Difference
The dad’s role in a child’s life is very important. The booklet contains information on how to be an active parent, and provide structure, guidance, and opportunities to learn. This booklet challenges fathers to do everything they can to be the best dads to their children. Funding for the development of this publication was provided by Saskatchewan Community Resources and Employment.SKU: 5-015
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 3 – Preschoolers
Volume 3 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to support their preschooler’s social and cognitive growth. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Preschoolers, Fighting Siblings, Getting Attention, and Power Struggles.SKU: 5-V-537