To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Sometimes, despite the amazing emotions of fatherhood, men can feel like little more than bystanders. However, babies know their fathers too, and from the moment of birth, they are eager to interact with them. Dads, as well as moms, are crucial in helping their babies build relationships. Science tells us these relationships are critical for the healthy development of babies’ brains. By following a group of families, this film teaches how to recognize the earliest signs of infant communication. These early interactions enrich your time as a father and give your baby the best possible start in life.SKU: 5-V-529
This poster provides information about the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program. Ideal for program facilitators to use as a recruitment tool for potential participants.SKU: 5-004
How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Volume 1 – Babies
Volume 1 of this 3-volume set teaches parents how to nourish their baby’s emotional health right from the start. Featuring common challenges, this program shows parents how to modify their interactions to meet their child’s critical emotional needs: to feel respected, important, accepted, included, and secure. Shows real-life scenarios. Includes tips on improving parents’ emotional health. Segments include: The Five Critical Emotional Needs of Babies, Crying, A New Babysitter, and Exploration.SKU: 5-V-535