To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Good Discipline, Good Kids (Parent and Child Series)
This is one of a three-part series entitled “Parent and Child” produced by Sunburst Videos. Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish, authors of “How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk” discuss parenting issues. This video helps parents understand the basic element of healthy discipline – respectful communication. It helps parents get past the daily power struggle with their children by showing them how to engage cooperation; effectively set rules, expectations, and limits; problem-solve; and use effective alternatives to punishment.SKU: 5-V-506
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Sometimes, despite the amazing emotions of fatherhood, men can feel like little more than bystanders. However, babies know their fathers too, and from the moment of birth, they are eager to interact with them. Dads, as well as moms, are crucial in helping their babies build relationships. Science tells us these relationships are critical for the healthy development of babies’ brains. By following a group of families, this film teaches how to recognize the earliest signs of infant communication. These early interactions enrich your time as a father and give your baby the best possible start in life.SKU: 5-V-529