To Be a Father (I Am Your Child Video Series)
New research has shown that fathers can have an enormous impact on children – from how well they succeed in school, to how they get along with their friends.
This generation of dads is responding to the challenge, by taking a more active role in everything from changing diapers to helping with homework … and it’s paying off, as you’ll hear from men who talk about the rewards of being close to their kids.
This video provides information on:
- How fathering begins even before the baby is born
- How dads can connect with their children right from the start
- What fathers can do to foster a close relationship with their children – even when they live miles apart
- How fathers can overcome the challenges of parenting under special circumstances, like separation and divorce
Healthy Parenting Home Study
Guide and Manual, 2010
Healthy Parenting Home Study is for parents, parents-to-be, and caregivers of children birth to age five. The manual is divided into six age-related modules. Topics include: growth and development, physical and emotional needs, positive discipline strategies, speech and language development, safety, and importance of play.
Healthy Parenting Home Study is ideal for parents who like to learn on their own and/or those who do not have access to group parenting programs.If you would like to purchase more than 50 manuals for your program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss printing options.SKU: 5-502
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
The Dad Difference: Raising Children Birth to Five
This video is a research-based series that shows dads how to be involved with their babies from pregnancy on. This video features a diverse group of real fathers, candid comments, and practical tips to encourage every dad to become more connected. This video comes with a Facilitator’s Guide.Download the The Dad Difference Facilitator’s Guide.SKU: 5-V-531
Dads Make a Difference
The dad’s role in a child’s life is very important. The booklet contains information on how to be an active parent, and provide structure, guidance, and opportunities to learn. This booklet challenges fathers to do everything they can to be the best dads to their children. Funding for the development of this publication was provided by Saskatchewan Community Resources and Employment.SKU: 5-015