Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Sexually Transmitted Infections: What You Need to Know
Saskatchewan has high rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If STIs are not treated, they can cause serious health issues for males, females, and unborn babies. This booklet is designed for use with youth. It provides information about nine different STIs including possible symptoms, how they are spread, how to get tested, and what happens if they are not treated. Information about the impact of STIs on fertility, pregnancy, and newborn babies is also shared.SKU: 7-017
Learning about My Body: Two to Five Years of Age
Parents are the most important influence in a child’s life. Children learn about culture, spiritual beliefs, moral values, and social skills from their parents. Parents also play a crucial role in the physical, mental, emotional as well as sexual health development of their children.
This book has been developed to support parents as their children’s sexual health educators. In particular, this book is meant to help parents share important messages with their children on growth and development.This book is available for loan through all Saskatchewan Public Libraries.SKU: 7-210
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options