Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Sexually Transmitted Infections: What You Need to Know
Saskatchewan has high rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If STIs are not treated, they can cause serious health issues for males, females, and unborn babies. This booklet is designed for use with youth. It provides information about nine different STIs including possible symptoms, how they are spread, how to get tested, and what happens if they are not treated. Information about the impact of STIs on fertility, pregnancy, and newborn babies is also shared.SKU: 7-017
Messages for Parents: Nine to Twelve Years
Information Card, Revised 2019
This information card has been developed to support parents in their role as the primary sexual health educators of their children.
It is important that parents engage their children in sexual health discussion at an early age, beginning with teaching the proper terminology of body parts. Early introduction of the topic increases the confidence and comfort of both the parents and children to talk about sexual health at later years.SKU: 7-207
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
How to End Unhealthy Relationships
This program offers adolescents insight on how to honestly assess the health of relationships, particularly romantic relationships and intense friendships, and presents concrete steps to help viewers end unhealthy relationships. Adolescents share their experiences, covering a broad spectrum of unhealthy relationships, from a once good friendship that has gone bad to a romantic relationship that has become abusive. Includes a pdf copy of a teacher’s resource book.Audience: Grade 7-Post SecondarySKU: 7-V-701