Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Learning about My Body: Two to Five Years of Age
Parents are the most important influence in a child’s life. Children learn about culture, spiritual beliefs, moral values, and social skills from their parents. Parents also play a crucial role in the physical, mental, emotional as well as sexual health development of their children.
This book has been developed to support parents as their children’s sexual health educators. In particular, this book is meant to help parents share important messages with their children on growth and development.This book is available for loan through all Saskatchewan Public Libraries.SKU: 7-210
Mike’s Crush for Families: Teaching Relationship Skills to Adolescents with Autism, Asperger’s, or Intellectual Disabilities
Adolescents who have disabilities want and need friendships and romantic relationships, just like their peers. It is important to learn relationship skills during adolescence so that when mistakes are made, there is a safety net in place. The goal of this DVD and accompanying booklet is to teach adolescents and young adults with autism, Asperger’s, or intellectual disabilities about healthy relationships.SKU: 7-V-725
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options