Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Sexually Transmitted Infections: Are You Positive You’re Negative?
This brochure, designed for use with youth, explains what sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are, how to avoid STIs, and how to find out if you have an STI. It also includes information about the effects of STIs on fertility, pregnancies, and newborn babies.SKU: 7-002
Mike’s Crush for Families: Teaching Relationship Skills to Adolescents with Autism, Asperger’s, or Intellectual Disabilities
Adolescents who have disabilities want and need friendships and romantic relationships, just like their peers. It is important to learn relationship skills during adolescence so that when mistakes are made, there is a safety net in place. The goal of this DVD and accompanying booklet is to teach adolescents and young adults with autism, Asperger’s, or intellectual disabilities about healthy relationships.SKU: 7-V-725
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
How to End Unhealthy Relationships
This program offers adolescents insight on how to honestly assess the health of relationships, particularly romantic relationships and intense friendships, and presents concrete steps to help viewers end unhealthy relationships. Adolescents share their experiences, covering a broad spectrum of unhealthy relationships, from a once good friendship that has gone bad to a romantic relationship that has become abusive. Includes a pdf copy of a teacher’s resource book.Audience: Grade 7-Post SecondarySKU: 7-V-701