How to End Unhealthy Relationships
This program offers adolescents insight on how to honestly assess the health of relationships, particularly romantic relationships and intense friendships, and presents concrete steps to help viewers end unhealthy relationships. Adolescents share their experiences, covering a broad spectrum of unhealthy relationships, from a once good friendship that has gone bad to a romantic relationship that has become abusive. Includes a pdf copy of a teacher’s resource book.
Sexually Transmitted Infections: Are You Positive You’re Negative?
This brochure, designed for use with youth, explains what sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are, how to avoid STIs, and how to find out if you have an STI. It also includes information about the effects of STIs on fertility, pregnancies, and newborn babies.SKU: 7-002
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
KIS-SK (Keep It Safe Saskatchewan) Smart Phone App
Information Card, 2017
To help enable individuals to make healthy choices and informed decisions regarding their personal reproductive health, the Prevention Institute has created a smart phone app, Keep it Safe Saskatchewan (KIS-SK), focused on contraceptives and STIs.
The app allows users to:
- Find free contraceptives and sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing sites in Saskatchewan
- Set reminders for taking contraceptives or booking health appointments
- Learn about contraceptives and STIs
- View helpful videos about using contraceptives
Information cards providing information about the app are available for download or order.SKU: 7-013