It’s Easier Than You Think: Tips for Talking With Your Kids About Sexual Health
Parents play an important role in the sexual health education of their children. Although parents may find this role challenging, they can be effective sexual health educators when provided with support and accurate information. This DVD provides parents with useful information about how to talk to their children about sexual health.
Youth-Friendly Sexual Health Information
Information Card, 2021
This information card provides Saskatchewan-specific contacts for youth to access free, anonymous, and confidential sexual and reproductive health services via telephone and/or the Internet. These wallet-size cards are available to be ordered individually.SKU: 7-015
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options