This video includes 48 video clips, animations, and slide shows (60 minutes in all) helping children, teens, expectant mothers and fathers understand sexual reproduction, fetal development, and related issues.
HIV and Pregnancy – (Dene Translation)
This poster states that women living with HIV can have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. This poster was translated to Dene by the Saskatchewan Indigenous Cultural Centre.SKU: 7-102
HIV and Pregnancy – (Plains Cree Translation)
This poster states that women living with HIV can have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. This poster was translated to Plains Cree by the Saskatchewan Indigenous Cultural Centre.SKU: 7-101
KIS-SK (Keep It Safe Saskatchewan) Smart Phone App
Information Card, 2017
To help enable individuals to make healthy choices and informed decisions regarding their personal reproductive health, the Prevention Institute has created a smart phone app, Keep it Safe Saskatchewan (KIS-SK), focused on contraceptives and STIs.
The app allows users to:
- Find free contraceptives and sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing sites in Saskatchewan
- Set reminders for taking contraceptives or booking health appointments
- Learn about contraceptives and STIs
- View helpful videos about using contraceptives
Information cards providing information about the app are available for download or order.SKU: 7-013
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options